How long have we been here?!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Visit from America!!





Hello, hello!








My mom was here! and my sister, of course!








They stayed for almost 3 weeks and guess what? I wasn't even ready to kill them by the time they left! It was a really nice visit (even though I was kicked out of my own queen sized bed and had to sleep with the kid!).






The most important thing to check out when anyone goes to a foreign country is. . . the food, of course. So I had an entire menu of my favorite places to show my mom and sister. Thai food (Pattay, my favorite place!), italian food (Santorio), Mediterranean food (Petra), greek food (Istanbul, yum), baked goods (Paris Baguette!), Australian food (Outback Steakhouse), and even good old American food (Subway, Friday's, Bennigans, McDonald's, & Costco!).






After a few days my sister was like," Am I in Korea or where the hell are we? I want some Korean food!" Sorry, no can do. I've been in Korea over 200 days and guess what? Not a fan of the food! I couldn't even think of where to go let alone recommend a place to go. So, Mikaela set out on her own Korean Cuisine adventure. Once she found some things she liked she had to drag the rest of us (kicking and screaming!) along for the ride! And, it actually turned out not to be too terrible! A slide show of one of our adventures should be posted too.



We actually went to two different ones. The first was in Insadong. Mikaela found some place cause she said, "look, there's lots of Koreans in there. That's always a good sign!" Which is not a bad guidline I guess but it's pretty scary when you sit down and the menu has 6 items on it! I was like, where's the rest! And you could tell we were not happy at first! But then the food came and we each liked something so it was cool. Second place we went was a Korean BBQ. The lady brought dish after dish after dish out to the table until there was barely room for it all. Then she brought a bowl of water which she put on the grill and a bunch of leafy greens, which also went on the grill. Next she brought out the meat. We were sitting there staring with what must have been blank looks on our faces because she commenced to show us exactly how to eat the food! Once we got the idea of what went with what, it was actually quite tasty.




Anyway, I had a great time when they were here and was sorry to see them go. If anyone else wants to come visit. . . I have 2 bedrooms. I'm just saying! It would be nice!




Until Next Time!




a & a

No comments: